Thursday, May 21, 2009

"21 is so young!"

With time I’ve realized nearly all of my neighbors in the apartment building are over the age of 60. And I love it! Unless Grandma is cracking up with a friend on the telephone, it is always quiet, especially after 9pm when they are all in bed. And I’m quite certain if I were sick; I would receive more love, care and tasty recovery food than necessary.

“21 is so young!” This was the response one of my grandma neighbors gave when I told her I was turning 21 years old on Sunday. This is the same lady that is standing on the balcony in the following picture. Please enjoy her expression-I laugh every time I look at it. I snapped the picture last week when the city was tree trimming/tree destroying outside of our apartment building. She was not very happy with them and decided to let them know.




I wish this were my car. Oh how it would enjoy the roads of PA. I just know it. Seriously, rust spots, worn tires included, I want to bring this car home with me.



I gave in. I cut my hair. I'm so weak. A change was necessary and the good thing is now I have confidence that if I ever do wish to grow my hair out, it is possible without as many awkward stages as I previously thought. Here's the scoop... I sought out a trendy little hair joint about 15 minutes from the apartment. It took me a few weeks of detective work to find a suitable establishment because I've had my fair share of grandma styled cuts and I am done with that. I took a picture of one of my past haircuts, not too short, not too long. I showed the girl the picture and told her that if she could cut it more or less like the picture, it would be great. Snip snip snip, away she went. I think if it had been a race, she would have won. She did a great job and is truly talented. However, she purposely gave me a mullet. Remember how I said trendy hair joint? Well to be trendy here in Uruguay is to have a mullet. I was so tempted to keep the mullet, just for one day. It was priceless. Instead my pride took over and I asked her to cut it shorter in the back, more like the picture. Confused as to why I didn't want to look cool, she cut the mullet off. I'm happy with my Uruguayan haircut. It isn't what I asked for, but I'm okay with a little adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment