Thursday, April 2, 2009

Recent likes of mine

I like the smell of night.
I like Grandma’s homemade tomato sauce.
I like Coca-cola that is made with real sugar and served in glass bottles.
I like that after each day my feet look like they’ve walked places.
I like (love) Uruguayan yarn, it is soft and inexpensive and all kinds of wonderful.
I like baking without the luxury of measuring utensils.
I like relaxing with Jesus.
I like the blessing of never suffering culture shock when living in Spanish-speaking countries.
I like it when Grandma is in her talkative/hyper moods.
I like public transportation.
I like how the laundry lady always takes her time when I desperately need clean clothing. (not)
I like knitting on buses, street corners, in plazas and parks, and wherever I find patch of sunlight.
I like telling stories that make Grandma laugh.
I like sharing headphones with people.
I like having friends from all over the world.
I like that I’m leaving today to travel to the end of the world (Tierra del Fuego, Argentina).
I like kissing on the cheek to greet friends and strangers alike.
I like how a different side of me emerges in each language.
I like not using textbooks for my classes.
I like the challenge of living as cheaply as I can.
I like when God helps me to see the world through his eyes.

"El fin del mundo" (The end of the world)




5 comments:

  1. i like when you write new blog posts.
    i like looking at your pictures and seeing your smiling face.
    i like that you love life no matter where you are.
    and i like the kissing on the cheek greeting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I like when God helps me to see the world through his eyes."
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.


    Let's knit things for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your new profile picture, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi
    nice to know you
    are you a traveller???

    ReplyDelete