Monday, February 9, 2009

ETA: 13 days


I'm not a blogger, but I do not foresee myself having ample time to email everyone and their mother. And this way you can be sure that I have not been eaten by a sea lion or caught a rare Uruguayan plague. Nevertheless, there should be some laughs to be had as I share stories of learning Spanish and living in Montevideo.

Two weeks remain before I fly out of Philadelphia International and I have more packing to do than I wish to think about, but will you please check out Wikipedia's picture of where I'll be living? Holla. At times my heart seems to be pumping anxiety through my veins instead of blood, but I'm ready to go and excited for the comical adventures that will undoubtedly follow me. To add to my excitement, I just discovered that...

A substantial industry of hand-knit sweaters is built on the backs of Uruguayan sheep and the fluffy wool they produce. The wool yarns are hand-dyed then knit into sweaters in interesting styles and in nuanced colors not represented on a Pantone chart.

Knitting anyone? Anyway, here is my address if you desire to send love letters my way.

Av. Soca 1223 Ap. 301
Montevideo 11.300
Uruguay



3 comments: